Important Note: After purchasing, you will receive two separate emails:
- Doc-U-Sign which needs to be filled out and submitted
- Instructions on next steps
WHO CANCER GENETIC TESTING IS FOR:
- Personal or familial history of ovarian cancer.
- Personal or familial history of metastatic prostate cancer.
- Personal or familial history of pancreatic cancer.
- Multiple family members with the same and or related types of cancer.
- Certain ethnicities that are predisposed to specific types of cancer.
Helix Lab Solutions offers comprehensive hereditary cancer genetic testing to allow providers earlier intervention treatments. This genetic testing helps providers to form optimal individualized patient care plans at low costs to make the best clinical decisions for their patients.
Each year in the United States, more than 1.6 million people are diagnosed with some form of cancer. More than half a million people in the United States die each year from cancer. Globally, about 13% of all deaths are from cancer. And 5% to 10% of all cancers are genetically inherited.
Helix Lab Solutions uses Next Generation Sequencing technology to examine genes associated with an increased risk for developing hereditary cancer. This is important because patients who undergo hereditary cancer testing are able to inform their at risk family members who have a 50% chance of inheriting the same cancer.
Helix Lab Solutions paves the way for earlier intervention and treatment. Treatment for hereditary cancer includes: frequent screenings, enzyme replacement therapy, medication, surgery, and lifestyle recommendations such as nutrition.