Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
How to opt out
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, timezone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how youinteract with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics onSite usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies,log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Authorize.netand Sandstone Group Support.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address,payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, toprocess your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoicesand/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk orfraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you withinformation or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and Authorize.net
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Customer name, order number, address,preferred contact information.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Support services from Zendesk Support, andSandstone Group.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collectPersonal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child hasprovided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to requestdeletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services andfulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify usesyour Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations,to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information wereceive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Behavioural AdvertisingAs described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targetedadvertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You canread more about how Google uses your Personal Informationhere: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analyticshere: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the NetworkAdvertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational pageat http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’sopt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering productsfor sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date onnew products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EuropeanEconomic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent.
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our recordsunless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure,please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely onautomated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legaleffect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significanteffect using customer data.Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not havea legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary deny list of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary deny list of credit cards associated with deny listed IP addresses. This deny listpersists for a small number of days.
Selling Personal Information
Our Site sells Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018(“CCPA”).
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we holdabout you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that yourPersonal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights,please contact us through the contact information below. If you would like to designate anauthorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when youvisit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising,and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing thewebsite to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This meansyou don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from onepage to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instancewhether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin|
|_secure_session_id||_secure_session_id Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether itis a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistentcookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expirebetween 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing orblocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may nolonger be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookiesthrough your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. Formore information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookiescan be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we shareinformation with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out ofcertain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “BehaviouralAdvertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “DoNot Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such asignal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like tomake a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using thedetails provided below:Chalmers Wellness, 6988, Lebanon Rd #101, Frisco TX 75034, United StatesLast updated: 1/3/2022